So, how to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix?
I dont know about you, but I absolutely love waffles! In fact, I think they are one of the best breakfast foods out there. And, if youre like me and enjoy making your own meals from scratch, then youll be happy to know that its surprisingly easy to make waffles from scratch using a box of Krusteaz pancake mix - a Krusteaz waffle recipe.
In this blog post, Ill show you how to do it. So whether youre a housewife looking for an easy meal solution or a chef looking for a new recipe, read on for instructions on making delicious homemade waffles using Krusteaz pancake mix. Before talking about how to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix, lets talk about our main star - main ingredient: Krusteaz!
Is Krusteaz Pancake Mix Good For Waffles?
There are a number of advantages to using Krusteaz pancake mix waffles recipe:
- For starters of Krusteaz waffle recipe, this pancake mix is incredibly easy to use and requires very little prep time or cooking expertise.
- The batter comes together quickly, and the finished waffles turn out light, fluffy, and delicious every time.
- Plus, Krusteaz pancake mix is made with high-quality ingredients, so you can feel good about serving these waffles to your family and friends.
- Lastly, they have many options for users to choose: buttermilk, gluten-free, honey,…
So if you love waffles and are looking for a quick and easy way to enjoy this classic breakfast treat, give Krusteaz pancake mix for waffles a try! You wont be disappointed.
How to Make Waffles With Krusteaz Pancake Mix – Corn Waffle Recipe
Ingredients of Krusteaz pancake mix for waffles:
- Krusteaz Professional® Buttermilk Pancake Mix - 15 lb (full bag), 731-0120
- Water - 88 fl oz (11 cups)
- Yellow Cornmeal - 21 oz (4 3/4 cups)
- Vegetable oil - 10 mfl oz (1 1/4 cup)
Instructions of Krusteaz pancake mix for waffles:
- To make Krusteaz Professional Buttermilk Pancake Mix, add water, cornmeal and oil to a mixer bowl.
- Mix on low speed with a wire whip for 30 seconds or until the batter is smooth.
- Scale 4 oz (1/2 cup) of batter onto a preheated 7-inch round waffle iron. Cook for 3 minutes or until steaming stops.
As mentioned, Krusteaz offers many options flavors for users to make Krusteaz waffles. Thus, we continue with two more different kinds: buttermilk and Belgian.
How Can I Make Buttermilk Waffle Recipes?
Ingredients of how to make crispy waffles with krusteaz pancake mix:
- 2 cups Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix (or protein pancake mix)
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Instructions of how to make crispy waffles with krusteaz pancake mix:
- Preheat and lightly grease your waffle iron.
- Blend all ingredients together, even if the batter is slightly lumpy.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared waffle iron.
- Cook until steam stops coming off them or theyre golden brown-whichever comes first!
- Serve with whipped cream and any fruit you like.
In case you are too busy to cook new waffles and Krusteaz waffle recipe, here are the instructions of frozen waffles cooking.
How to Cook Belgian Waffles from Krusteaz Pancake Mix?
Ingredients of Krusteaz pancake mix to make waffles:
- 1 1/2 cups Krusteaz Belgian waffle mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Instructions of Krusteaz pancake mix to make waffles:
- Whisk together the ingredients until well-combined, but do not overmix.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a greased and preheated waffle iron.
- Cook until the waffles are golden brown and crispy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or your choice of toppings!
Pro Tips for Waffles from Krusteaz Mix
So that are all 3 recipes of how to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix. Now, you wanna make great waffles with this Krusteaz pancake mix? Here are 3 tips for you!
- Grease your waffle iron well before adding the batter to prevent sticking.
- For best results, wait until the steam stops coming off of the waffles before removing them from the waffle iron.
- Top your waffles with fresh fruit, chocolate chips, or whipped cream for a decadent breakfast treat.
What if you dont have a waffle maker at home? Dont worry, here you can try how to make waffles in oven right here.
What Common Mistakes Should I Avoid?
Vacation times or special occasions call for a big breakfast. Unfortunately, these situations are also rife with common mistakes when making waffles from Krusteaz pancake mix. Avoid these errors to have perfect waffles every time:
- Not preheating the waffle iron before pouring in the batter - this will cause your waffles to stick- Not greasing the waffle iron prior to pouring in the batter - this will also cause your waffles to stick
- Using too much or too little batter - this will result in either burnt or not cooked through waffles
- Overmixing the batter - this will create uncooked and lumpy waffles
- Not letting the waffles cool enough before serving - this will create soggy and unappetizing waffles.
Videos of How to Make Crispy Waffles With Krusteaz Pancake Mix
How to Serve Krusteaz Pancake?
Krusteaz waffles are delicious when served with warm maple syrup, fresh fruit, and a dollop of whipped cream. They also pair well with savory toppings like bacon or sausage, making them a versatile breakfast option that is sure to please everyone in your family. If youre looking for an easy and satisfying meal, why not try whipping up a batch of Krusteaz waffles today? You wont be disappointed!
How Many Pancake Mix Does Krusteaz Have?
There are 12 kinds of pancake mix that currently available on Krusteaz websites. Weve recommended 3 kinds throughout 3 recipes above: Buttermilk, Belgian and Original.
You can check out and choose what suits you the most here. Thats everything we want to share with you about how to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix.
We hope you enjoyed our recipes of how to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix. If youre looking for more baking and cooking inspiration, be sure to check out our other blog posts. From homemade bread to cookies to cake, weve got all the sweet (and savory) bases covered. Thanks again for choosing us The Blue Stove - happy cooking!
FAQs of Making Krusteaz Pancake Mix Waffles
Can I use Krusteaz pancake mix to make waffles?
Yes! Krusteaz pancake mix is perfect for making delicious and fluffy waffles. Weve provided 3 recipes in this article, one for original pancakes, one for buttermilk pancakes and one for Belgian-style waffles. All of these recipes are easy to follow and serve!
How much water do I add to Krusteaz pancakes?
Here are some easy pancake directions to follow depending on how many pancakes you want to make. If you want 7-8 4-inch pancakes, use 1 cup of mix and 3/4 cups of water. For 14-15 4-inch pancakes, use 2 cups of mix and 1 1/2 cups of water. And for 21-23 4=inch pancakes, use 3 cups of mix and 2 1/4 cups of water. Its important to keep in mind that the amount of water may be varied based on how thick or thin you want your pancakes to turn out.
Can I use milk in place of water to Krusteaz pancake mix?
Out with water, in with milk! If a recipe calls for water, why not substitute it out for alternative milk instead? Oat milk is my personal favorite to use. You may have to add more liquid due to the difference in consistency, but itll be worth it in terms of flavor!
What are some possible ingredients to add to Krusteaz waffle mix?
For a delicious and richer taste, some people like to add milk or melted butter to their Krusteaz waffles instead of water. You can also experiment with adding cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, pure vanilla extract, or lemon zest to the batter. And dont forget about toppings! Get creative and try different combinations until you find your perfect match.
How do you make waffles from a box mix?
Improve your boxed waffle mix by adding lemon zest, buttermilk, vanilla extract, eggs, melted butter, yeast or spices. For extra flavor and texture you can try sifting the mix or adding a mashed fruit or even a pinch of salt!
How to make my waffles crispy?
The most important step to making crispy waffles is preheating your waffle iron. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before adding the batter, and make sure to generously grease the surface with butter or cooking spray so that the batter wont stick. Also, keep in mind how much water youre using and how long youre cooking your waffles - these factors can affect how crispy your waffles turn out. Some people prefer to cook their waffles until they are golden brown and slightly crisp, while others like them a little underdone for a softer texture.
Do I need to flip when making waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix?
No, you do not need to flip when using Krusteaz pancake mix. The waffle batter should spread out evenly throughout the preheated iron and bake up nice and fluffy without needing to be flipped. Just close the lid of your waffle iron until the indicator light turns on or off, then remove your finished waffles with a spatula.
How to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix by an oven?
If you are looking to make your waffles in an oven, then it is best to use the Krusteaz Belgian Style Waffle Mix. You can simply follow the instructions given on the box and preheat your oven to 375°F. Grease a baking sheet or a 9×13 inch pan lightly with oil spray and pour your batter into the pan in small mounds. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven, let cool and serve with your favorite toppings! Enjoy your delicious homemade waffles!
How long to make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix?
To make waffles with Krusteaz pancake mix, follow the instructions on the box and preheat your waffle iron. Depending on how thick or thin you want your waffles to turn out, pour the appropriate amount of batter onto the hot iron surface and close the lid. The indicator light should turn off when your waffles are done. Most waffles take around 4-5 minutes to cook, but it is best to keep an eye on them and check for doneness every few minutes. When theyre golden brown and crisp, remove the waffles from the iron and enjoy!
Can I freeze Krusteaz pancake mix?
Yes, you can definitely freeze Krusteaz pancake mix. Store the pancake mix in a resealable bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw the mixture, simply leave it at room temperature overnight. Once thawed, you will still be able to use your pancake mix as normal and make delicious waffles for breakfast!
Bonus tip: If you want to avoid the mess of making waffles from scratch, try Krusteaz Pancake Mix Cups! The cups come pre-packaged with a scoop of mix and are perfect for single servings. Just add water, stir and cook in your waffle iron - how easy is that?