We are big fan of Stranger Things, so when it comes to the very first episode, we are excited and curious about: How to make Eggo waffles of Eleven. If you are on the same page, well this blog is for you.
Do you love making Eggo waffles, but dont know how to make them perfectly every time? Well, look no further! In this blog post well show you how to make Eggo waffles perfectly each and every time. With just a few simple tips and tricks, youll be able to amaze your family and friends with your delicious creations! So what are you waiting for? Lets get started!
What is Eggo Waffle Brand?
Kellogg Co. reported a nationwide shortage of its popular Eggo frozen waffles on November 18, 2009, due to interruptions at two of the four plants that make them.
Historic amounts of rain closed one plant in Atlanta, while production lines at the bakery in Rossville, Tennessee were closed indefinitely for repairs. The shortage is not expected to ease until the middle of 2010.
What Key Ingredients Do We Need to Have for Eggo Waffles?
To make the perfect Eggo waffle, youll need a few basic ingredients and kitchen tools:
1. Eggs - Youll want to start with fresh, high-quality eggs for the perfect Eggo waffle.
2. Flour - All-purpose flour is a great choice for making eggo waffles. You can also try experimenting with other types of flour like wheat or oat flour to change up the flavor and texture of your waffles.
3. Sugar - Adding a bit of sugar to your waffle batter is a great way to add sweetness and flavor. You can also try adding other ingredients like vanilla extract or cinnamon for even more delicious flavor!
4. A waffle maker - Of course, youll need a good waffle maker in order to make perfect Eggo waffles. Look for a waffle maker with an adjustable temperature setting, so that you can get the perfect doneness every time!
How to Make Eggo Waffles?
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup of melted, cooled butter
Method of how to make Eggo waffles:
1. Mix together the dry ingredients until well combined in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl or measuring jug, whisk together the wet ingredients until smooth.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly as you go.
4. Once all of the ingredients are well combined, let the batter rest for about 10 minutes before cooking your waffles.
5. Preheat your waffle iron and lightly grease it with a little bit of vegetable oil or cooking spray.
6. Ladle approximately ¼ to ½ cup of batter onto the waffle iron, depending on how large you want your waffles.
7. Cook the waffles according to the manufacturers instructions until they are golden brown and crispy. Serve immediately, drizzled with maple syrup and/or berries and whipped cream if desired.
What if you dont have a waffle maker/iron at home? No worries, a full guide of waffle making by other kitchen utensils are here to save your Eggo waffles!
Tips to Make Crispy but Fluffy Eggo waffles
Weve done with recipes of how to make Eggo waffles, now lets talk about the tips:
- To get perfectly fluffy waffles every time, make sure that you beat the eggs well and whisk the batter thoroughly before cooking.
- Adding a bit of baking powder to your waffle batter can help with fluffiness as well.
- When greasing your waffle maker, avoid using too much oil or butter, since this can make your waffles greasy and heavy.
- If you want to add extra flavor to your waffles, you can experiment with different toppings like berries, chocolate chips, or even nuts and seeds.
Videos of Eggo waffle recipe
1-Video of KellogCompany
2-Video of How Tasty
3-Video of Cooking with Lou
How Can I Know My Eggo Waffle is Done?
When cooking your waffles, the best way to know when they are done is by looking at their color. If the waffle is golden brown, its ready to be taken off of the waffle maker. If you press down on it and it doesnt spring back up, then it means that the waffle is overcooked. If its still too pale, then you can put it back in the waffle maker for a few more minutes to allow it to cook further.
Variations of Homemade Eggo Waffle Recipe
You think in this article of how to make Eggo waffles just have 1 basic recipes. No no no, we also have some variations of waffle for you. Save this now for your great meals.
- Buttermilk Waffles recipe
Pour in 3/4 cup of milk, and then top it off with 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Blueberry Waffles recipe
After you mix the wet and dry ingredients together, add 3/4 cup of dried and chopped blueberries to the batter.
- Whole Wheat Waffles recipe
For this recipe, you will need 8 ounces, or 1 and 1/2 cups of both all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. In addition, do not use food coloring in this recipe of how to make Eggo waffles.
Youve now seen all the recipes we have of how to make Eggo waffles. We hope you enjoyed looking through them and that you found some great ideas for your next dessert. Thank you for choosing us thebluestove.com among the many choices out there. If you liked this post, be sure to check out our other baking and cooking recipes. Happy cooking!
FAQs of How to Make Eggo Waffles
How can I make Eggo waffles in the microwave?
If youre a fan of soft Eggo waffles like I am, then you can heat them up in the microwave. Just put two Eggo waffles next to each other on a microwavable plate and wrap with a slightly damp paper towel. Then, place your plate in the microwave for at least 40 to 45 seconds. Voila!
How to make Eggo waffles in stovetop?
To make Eggo waffles on the stovetop, heat a lightly greased skillet over medium-high heat. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot pan and spread it out to form a thin round waffle. Fry the food on each side for 2-3 minutes or until it is nicely toasted and golden brown. Do again with remaining batter as wanted.
Can we freeze Eggo waffles for later use?
Yes. You can also freeze cooked waffles for future use. Just place them on a baking sheet in the freezer, then transfer to an airtight container or resealable bag once they are completely frozen. To reheat, simply pop the waffles into the toaster or microwave for a couple of seconds until they are warmed through. Enjoy!
How long should you toast Eggo waffles?
Preheat oven to 400 degrees - 450 degrees F. Place waffles on baking sheet in the center of the oven for about 5 minutes or until crispy and hot. Remember to have a close look at them while they toast.
How long should you cook Eggo waffles in the microwave?
Only use a microwave-safe plate for your Eggo waffle. If youre preparing Apple Pie Eggo Epanadas, heat two waffles at a time in the microwave uncovered for 30-40 seconds or until warmed and flexible. After that, fill with an apple mixture before baking in the oven.
How to serve Eggo waffles?
There are many different ways that you can serve your Eggo waffles. You can top them with fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate chips, nuts, or even ice cream for a sweet and satisfying treat. Additionally, they also make a great base for savory breakfast or dinner dishes like eggs benedict or chicken and waffles. Just be creative and have fun with it!
How to know my Eggo waffles are done?
The perfect Eggo waffle should be golden brown and crispy on the outside, but still soft and fluffy inside. To test if your waffles are done, insert a toothpick or fork into the center of them-if it comes out clean then they are ready to serve! If youre unsure, just take one out and check it before continuing with the rest.
Why is Eggo waffle popular?
Eggo waffles are a popular breakfast option for people of all ages. Theyre easy to make, delicious and can be served in many different ways. Plus, theyre also loaded with essential vitamins and minerals that help keep your body healthy. So if youre looking for an easy and nutritious way to start your day, Eggo waffles are definitely a great choice!
Why should I know how to make Eggo waffles?
Knowing how to make Eggo waffles is a great skill to have in your arsenal. Not only are they delicious, but theyre also incredibly versatile- you can enjoy them for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Plus, with the right recipes and knowledge, you can customize your waffles to fit whatever mood youre in.