How to cook turkey sausage on stove is a great way to make an easy and delicious meal. Whether youre a professional chef, home cook or just someone who loves spending time in the kitchen, this recipe will give you that restaurant-style flavor with minimal effort.
It doesnt take much prep work to get your turkey sausages ready for cooking; all you need is some fresh ingredients and a few minutes of your time. So put on your aprons and lets get started with how to cook turkey sausage on stove!
Why Should We Consume Turkey Sausage?
Turkey sausage is a leaner and healthier substitute for pork sausage. It includes all of your favorite flavors, but with less fat and fewer calories per serving. Its also a terrific way to get some extra protein into your diet because its made from turkey.
Is Stove Good for Cooking Turkey Sausage?
Absolutely! Stovetop cooking ensures that your turkey sausage is cooked evenly and completely. This procedure ensures that the outside of your sausages do not burn while the inside remains pink.
Plus, with stove-top cooking, you can control how much heat you use so you can easily adjust the temperature if needed. Now, were heading to 2 recipes of how to cook turkey sausage on stove.
How to Cook Turkey Sausage on Stove?
Ingredients of how to cook turkey sausage on the stove:
- 1 pound of turkey sausage
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (for seasoning)
Instructions of how to cook turkey sausage on the stove:
1. In a large skillet, warm up the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add your turkey sausage links and cook until they are softened and beginning to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Brown the sausages for about 5 minutes, turning them occasionally to ensure even cooking.
3. Once the sausages are browned, reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet.
4. Let the sausages cook for about 10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Check for doneness by slicing into a sausage link with a sharp knife. If youre still seeing some pink in the center, cover the skillet and continue to cook for a few minutes more.
6. Once your turkey sausages are cooked through, remove them from the pan and let them rest before serving.
How to Cook Turkey Sausage and Pepper Skillet?
(credits belong to Allrecipes)
Ingredients of how to cook turkey sausage on stove:
- 2 tps of olive oil, divided
- 4 turkey sausage links (sweet Italian is recommended)
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into 1 1/2-inch chunk)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into 1 1/2-inch chunk)
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- ½ tsp of crushed red pepper (or more to taste)
- salt + ground black pepper to taste
Instructions of how to cook turkey sausage on stove:
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the turkey sausages until they become golden brown and firm, flipping them every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once your dish is ready, place it on a cutting board and allow it to cool off for a few minutes. Slice them into 1/2-inch pieces at an angle; they wont be fully cooked yet.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over high heat. Stir-fry the onion for one minute or until it appears golden brown.
- Sauté the peppers over high heat while continuously stirring until they start to brown, which should take 2-3 minutes.
- To achieve the perfect char on your vegetables, refrain from packing them too closely in the skillet. Then add garlic and cook for an additional minute to complete the flavor profile.
- Place the sausage and any of its juices back in the skillet, turn down to medium heat, and season with crushed red pepper along with salt and pepper for flavor.
- Stir the ingredients together and continue cooking until the sausage is cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
YouTube videos of how to cook turkey sausage on stove:
How to Tell My Turkey Sausages are Well Cooked?
Besides how to cook turkey sausage on stove, lets check out how to tell the doneness of turkey sausage. The best way to tell if your turkey sausages are cooked through is to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
The FDA recommends an internal temperature of 165°F for cooked poultry, so make sure you take the temperatures of each sausage link before serving.
Additionally, you can slice into a sausage and check for any pink in the center. If youre still seeing some pink, cover the pan and continue to cook for a few minutes longer. Enjoy your perfectly cooked turkey sausages!
Common Mistakes and How to Avoid It when Cooking Turkey Sausage
Wondering how to cook turkey sausage on stove and how you can avoid common mistakes? Heres how you can make sure your sausages turn out perfectly cooked:
1. Dont overcrowd the pan when cooking. Giving each sausage a bit of room helps them to brown evenly, so make sure your skillet isnt too crowded.
2. Refrain from overcooking your sausage. Cooking times can vary depending on how thick the sausages are, so be sure to check the temperature with a thermometer to make sure theyre not cooking for too long.
3. Be careful when flipping or stirring your sausages. Turkeys sausages are fragile and can break apart easily, so make sure you use a spatula to help turn them over.
4. Make sure to let the cooked turkey sausage rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to settle back in and helps to keep your dish juicy.
One more extremely important note, some cookers choose the wrong fry pan when cooking turkey sausages. To make delicious sausages, you have to choose a high-quality pan. It should be a pan that ensures even heat distribution, is not too small, and is non-stick. We recommend you refer to the Cast-Aluminum Fry Pan - one of the best products from Magnalite Cookware Many people love it because it has a very good non-stick coating, which is very durable over time. In addition to turkey sausages, it is also very suitable for cooking a variety of dishes. Check out this convenient product now!
Ways to Serve Turkey Sausage
Once youre done with how to cook turkey sausage on stove, serve them hot with a variety of sides or toppings. Some options include:
- Enjoy a succulent sausage sandwich served on a freshly-toasted bun!
- Sliced and added to other proteins such as hamburgers
- Chopped and served over pasta dishes
- Sliced into a wrap or omelette
- Sliced and added to a salad
- Enjoy the mouth-watering flavors of succulent roasted vegetables, expertly paired with your meal.
- Slice and arrange as part of an inviting spread of appetizers to tantalize your guests taste buds.
No matter how you serve your turkey sausages, you can guarantee that they will be flavorful and cooked through. Enjoy!
How to Store and Reheat Cooked Turkey Sausage
To avoid foodborne disease, keep turkey sausage safely after cooking it on the stove. Here are some storage and reheating suggestions for cooked turkey sausage:
Refrigeration: Refrigerate cooked turkey sausage in an airtight container for up to four days.
To store turkey sausage for longer lengths of time, securely wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and set it in a freezer-safe container. Frozen turkey sausage can be kept in the freezer for up to six months.
Reheating: Place cooked turkey sausage in a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 30 seconds to one minute each serving. Alternatively, reheat turkey sausage in a frying pan or oven until thoroughly heated.
Safe temperature: To prevent the growth of hazardous bacteria, reheat turkey sausage to a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Avoid overcooking: Avoid overcooking turkey sausage to prevent it from drying out during reheating. Reheat it only until it is well heated.
Flavoring: You can enhance the flavor of reheated turkey sausage by using alternative cooking methods, adding spices or herbs, or mixing it with other ingredients.
We hope this guide has helped you master how to cook turkey sausage on stove and that youll consider us your best sous chef.
Get your fill of delicious recipes and tantalizing desserts by visiting our website at thebluestove.com! From all of us here at The Blue Stove, may you have an enjoyable feast!
FAQs of Cooking Turkey Sausage on Stove
Can I cook turkey sausages on stove-top?
YES and YES! Begin the process by placing your sausages into a sizeable pot or saucepan and add enough cold water to submerge them fully. Put it on the stovetop, set the heat to medium-high, and wait for the water to reach an easy simmer- approximately 6-8 minutes.
How many minutes are you supposed to cook turkey sausage?
Cook the turkey sausages to an internal temperature of 165°F, which should take roughly 25 minutes. To ensure theyre fully cooked, cut into one and check that the juices run clear. Additionally, you can feel for firmness throughout when its done cooking.
Do I need to put oil when cooking turkey sausage?
To begin cooking turkey sausage on stove, only a small amount of oil is necessary. The fat content in the sausages will allow them to release their own oils throughout, so adding approximately one tablespoon of oil to your pan should suffice.
Is butter or oil better for cooking turkey sausage?
For optimal flavor when preparing your sausages, lets look at some of the best options available for preheating. Avocado oil, olive oil and coconut oil are all excellent choices that you can consider. If however youre looking to enhance the taste even further, butter is definitely the way to go! Ghee, lard and beef tallow are also viable alternatives worth exploring.
Is it better to cook turkey sausages in oven or pan?
Craving an effortless, yet healthier way to enjoy sausages? Simply bake them in a large baking dish! Without the need for oil and still able to deliver great results - youll be delighted with its crisped skin whilst enjoying tender succulent pieces of meat. So why wait no further? Prepare your sausage feast today!
Why should I use butter and olive oil together when cooking turkey sausage?
For culinary purposes, butter and olive oil both assist in bringing out the flavors of your meals. Heating them further increases their flavor-enhancing qualities - butters creaminess adds a unique dairy richness that no other ingredient can provide while olive oil offers an incomparable aroma and taste. Combining these two ingredients together will elevate any dish!
Why is my turkey sausage dry out?
The key to avoiding dryness while cooking your sausages is to not overcook them. 25 minutes of simmering should do the trick, however its always best to check for doneness prior to serving by cutting into one and inspecting the juices. If you find that your turkey sausage is too dry, we recommend adding some broth or water to the pan to retain moisture. Additionally, serving it with a side of gravy or condiments will add some much-needed moisture and flavor!