How to cook turkey necks in the oven? Do you know that cooking turkey necks in the oven is easier than you might think? But to ensure a delicious, juicy turkey neck every time, its important to master the technique.
Whether youre looking to add some flair to your regular meal rotation or create a gourmet entrée for company, learning how to cook turkey necks in the oven will help you take your culinary skills up a notch!
In this blog post, well cover everything from preparing and seasoning the turkey neck correctly before roasting it and what temperature you need in order for it to turn out perfectly roasted each and every time.
Keep reading if you want to impress your dinner guests with an extraordinary feast of succulent, flavor-packed turkey necks!
Which Temp is Good For Cooking Turkey Necks in The Oven?
The best temperature for cooking turkey necks in the oven is 375°F (190°C). This will help ensure that your turkey neck cooks evenly throughout and comes out moist and juicy. Once youve preheated the oven, its time to prepare the turkey neck.
Keep on reading for how to cook turkey necks in the oven.
How To Prepare & Season The Turkey Neck
Besides how to cook turkey necks in the oven, lets learn how to prep and season your turkey necks first:
- Take a large bowl and mix together some olive oil, fresh herbs (such as thyme, rosemary, and sage), garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix the seasoning mixture until its well blended and then rub it on all sides of the turkey neck.
- Make sure you get the seasoning into every nook and cranny of the turkey neck so that when its cooking, the flavor permeates throughout.
How to Cook Turkey Necks in The Oven?
Ingredients of how to cook turkey necks in the oven:
-Salt and pepper
Instructions of how to cook turkey necks in the oven:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Rinse your turkey necks in cold water, then dry them off with a paper towel or clean dish cloth.
3. Rub olive oil all over the turkey necks, then sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
4. Preheat the oven and then place the turkey necks onto a roasting pan. Let them bake for approximately 1 to 1.5 hours, or until they have been cooked thoroughly.
5. Serve warm and enjoy!
In case you are interested in smoked turkeys by electric smoker, here we go a recipe for it!
Video for oven bake turkey neck recipes
Pro Tips to Cook Turkey Necks in the Oven
Now were done with how to cook turkey necks in the oven, how about the pro tips to keep your streak of success when it comes to turkey necks:
1. You can get creative with how you season the turkey necks before roasting, adding your favorite herbs and spices to really make them stand out!
2. Use tongs or an oven mitt when handling the hot pan - never use your bare hands!
3. Check that your turkey necks are fully cooked by using a meat thermometer - the internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Let your turkey necks rest for about 10 minutes after cooking to lock in all that delicious flavor and juice!
Ways to Serve the Cooked Turkey Necks
Once your turkey necks are cooked (following how to cook turkey necks in the oven), you can serve them with a variety of accompaniments. They go great with mashed potatoes and gravy, crispy roast potatoes, steamed green beans or even grilled vegetables.
Turkey necks are also perfect for making soup and casseroles - just shred the meat off the bones and use it to create all kinds of delicious dishes. And here come the final part of how to cook turkey necks in the oven: different recipes of turkey necks!
Different Recipes to Cook Turkey Necks
Now that youve fallen head over heels for turkey necks (am I right???), challenge yourself to cook them in new and exciting turkey neck recipes. Here are a couple of my favorite recipes to use with this amazing ingredient:
- Smoked Turkey Necks: If youre in the mood for a rich, smoky flavor, head over to your local butcher and pick up some pre-smoked turkey necks. Perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of flavor, these are ideal additions to stews or chilis.
- Turkey Necks in a Smoked Cooker: Ready to add a bit of excitement and flair to your household smoker? Try cooking turkey necks! Set the temperature at 180F and let them cook for 2-4 hours, or until they are so tender that the meat falls off the bone. These flavorful smoked necks guarantee an exciting departure from classic chicken wings!
- Turkey Neck Soup: Just like chicken noodle soup, this dish brings a sense of comfort and solace to those who are feeling ill or down. It is the perfect recipe that will help make anyone feel better!
- Turkey Necks Gravy: For delicious, savory flavor and tender texture, turkey neck meat is the ideal ingredient to make a sensational gravy! Generously spread this mouth-watering condiment on anything you can think of - its sure to please.
Is 375 F or 350 F is better for cooking turkey necks?
The ideal temperature for cooking turkey necks is 375 F. This ensures that the meat cooks through but doesnt get burnt or overcooked.
Can I freeze cooked turkey necks?
Yes, after cooking, the cooked turkey necks can be frozen. Allow them to cool completely before transferring them to an airtight container and freezing for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen turkey necks in the refrigerator before reheating.
How long do turkey necks take to cook?
Turkey necks usually take about 1 to 1.5 hours to cook at 350 F oven temperature. However, this may vary depending on how large your pieces of meat are and how hot your oven is set at. Use a meat thermometer to check that the turkey necks are cooked through before serving.
Do I need to put oil when cooking turkey necks in the oven?
No, although you can use a bit of oil to help keep the turkey necks from sticking to the pan if desired. Otherwise, there is no need for oil when cooking them in the oven.
And thats all about how to cook turkey necks in the oven. Thank you for reading and we hope to be your best sous chef that can help you conquer your cooking journey and serve your beloved family festive meals. Come to our website at thebluestove.com for more recipes, cooking tips, and holiday meal ideas. We wish you happy holidays and Christmas!
In case you are having a big family coming over this Christmas, dont forget to check out how many people will a turkey breast feed to measure your meals.