Do you want to know how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed? I am about to tell you! Many people ask this question during this time of year. Thanksgiving is coming up, and so many people are looking for the perfect turkey recipe. Well, look no further!
An 8 pound turkey breast can easily feed 4-6 people. So, if you are cooking for a smaller crowd, this is the perfect option for you. Plus, it is much quicker and easier to cook than a whole bird. We hope you enjoy this article! Happy Thanksgiving!
Before answering the question: how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, lets find out some side information that affect your decision.
Figure Out Who is Coming Over
- When planning your meal, consider how many people will be eating and how much they usually consume. Adults typically eat more than children, so account for that when youre deciding on a menu.
- Keep in mind that not all appetites are the same when youre planning your menu. This guide is based on average-sized adults, but if you have someone with a heartier appetite joining you for Christmas dinner, be prepared to accommodate them.
- I recommend adding an extra quarter or half pound of turkey breast for each person with a larger appetite.
How Many Will an 8 Pound Turkey Breast Feed?
We have some examples that are used popularly in turkey restaurants, such as:
- 4 people = 2 pound turkey breast
- 8 people = 4 pound turkey breast
- 10 people = 5 pound turkey breast
- 16 people = 8 pound turkey breast
To sum up how many people an 8 pound turkey breast will feed:
- An 8 pound boneless turkey breast will feed 16 adults (or 32 children) while an 8 pound bone-in turkey breast will feed 8 adults (or 16 children).
- So, if youre looking for the perfect size Thanksgiving dinner, an 8 pound turkey breast should be enough to feed everyone in your family! Enjoy the leftovers!
Were done with how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, how about 2 pounds, 4 pounds, and other weights?
Bone-In Turkey Breast vs. Boneless Turkey Breast
One thing to consider when it comes to how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed is about bone-in or boneless turkey breast:
- Bone-In: A bone-in turkey breast will have a weight on the tag that is both the bones and meat combined. So, to get an estimate of how much raw turkey you need, double the number given For example, if your holiday dinner has 16 people coming (including yourself), then you should plan for at least an 8 pound turkey breast.
- Boneless: If you have 16 people coming to dinner, you will need an 8 pound turkey breast. The lack of bones in a boneless breast makes it simpler to calculate- it is still 0.5 pounds per person.
Other Things to Consider when Serving Turkey
Alright, some more things because moving on how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed:
- I suggest cutting the amount of turkey breast for little ones by quarters or halves. So, if you have one child, add a quarter-pound (0.25) of turkey breast for them to your dish.
- Its safest to always make too much food rather than not enough. We can all agree that turkey leftovers are amazing, and there are so many different dishes you can make with them. So if you end up making two pounds more than you need, its no big deal! That scenarios is far better than the alternative of not having enough for everyone.
- An additional half-pound will be necessary for people with bottomless pits for stomachs. You should make sure there is enough turkey so that everyone feels stuffed! And maybe even have some leftovers to send home with people.
- Also, you can have some side dish such as turkey bacon by microwave as treats and snacks.
How About Other Different Turkey Breast Feed?
- To feed a family of four, I would recommend two pounds of uncooked turkey breast. It is difficult to eyeball how much food you will need, so by measuring it in terms of the raw meat, you can be sure to have enough.
- To know how many guests your turkey breast will feed, begin with the number of attendees. For this example, well say you have 12 guests (dont forget to include yourself!) attending dinner. Then, take that number of guests and multiply it by 0.5, which will cut the original number in half. In this example, we multiply 12 by 0.5 and get 6 . Well go to the store and buy six pounds of turkey breast. Easy!
- If youre short on time, Ill give you a quick rundown of how much turkey breast to buy per person depending on the number of guests:
4 people = 2 pounds Uncooked Turkey Breast
8 people = 4 pounds Uncooked Turkey Breast
24 people = 12 pounds Uncooked Turkey Breast
And thats all for how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed, check out some side information in the FAQs section below.
How many servings in a 7 pound turkey breast?
A whole turkey breast (two breasts still connected at the breast bone, weighing six to seven pounds) will feed six to eight people.
How many will a 9 lb turkey breast feed?
If you cant find a turkey that small, you can buy a slightly larger bird that will allow for more leftovers. 4 to 6 people = 4- to 9-lb. turkey.
A boneless turkey breast has how many servings?
Then, a 3 pound boneless turkey breast can easily be divided into 8 to 10 servings.
How many does a pound of turkey breast serve?
A good rule of thumb is to plan for 1 1/2 pounds per person. If youre considering boneless options, aim for 8 ounces per guest. The best way to make sure you buy the right size turkey is by counting up how many people will be eating it.
How much boneless turkey do I need for 6 people?
A small (3-4.5 kg) turkey will serve 6-8 people. A medium (4-5 kg) turkey will serve 8-10 people. 12-15 people can be fed by a large (6-6.5 kg) turkey.
How much turkey breast should I eat?
The Food Guide Pyramid recommends that we consume 2-3 servings of meat per day. A serving size of turkey is usually 2-3 ounces of cooked meat.
Can I leave a turkey out to thaw overnight?
If you leave a turkey out to thaw, it will take hours to completely defrost. If raw meat is left at room temperature for two hours or more, bacteria will begin to grow rapidly. Thus, leaving a turkey out to thaw at room temperature is not recommended.
What is the smallest turkey I can buy?
The six-pound turkey, she said, is the smallest youll find. But if youre looking for an even smaller bird, go for one of the hens-they only weigh eight to 10 pounds. Think of it as a big chicken.
Do I need to unwrap a turkey to thaw in the fridge?
If your fridge is set to 40 degrees Fahrenheit or below, place the unopened turkey breast-side up on a tray in the fridge. Make sure to allow one day of thawing for every four pounds of turkey. Once defrosted, keep the turkey in its original wrapper and use within four days.
We sincerely hope that this article was of assistance to you in deciding how many will an 8 pound turkey breast feed. Check out our website at thebluestove.com for other ideas for festive meals.
The Blue Stove is always ready to help with cooking and baking recipes, so be sure to check out our website. Thank you for reading, and we hope to see you soon!
I also wrote a blog for you in case you are interested in extra crunchy turkey bacon.