So, recipes for pancakes without milk, how can it be? Have you ever wanted to make pancakes but realized that you were out of milk? Or maybe youre lactose intolerant and dont want to use dairy products in your recipes. Dont worry, because there are plenty of ways to make delicious recipes for pancakes without milk. In this post, well share some recipes for pancake batters that dont require any milk. So go ahead and try them out the next time youre in the mood for a stack of flapjacks!
Is it OK if we don’t put milk in pancake ?
Yes, you can definitely make delicious pancakes without milk. There are many recipes out there that use different types of plant-based milks, such as almond milk or coconut milk, to create the perfect pancake batter. Additionally, many recipes also incorporate other ingredients like eggs, butter or oil to help achieve a rich and fluffy texture.
Whether youre looking for recipes that are vegan-friendly or simply want to avoid using dairy products, there are plenty of options out there to suit your tastes and preferences. So why not try out some of these delicious recipes the next time youre in the mood for a stack of fluffy pancakes?
Best recipes for pancakes without milk
Here comes some best recipes for pancakes without milk you can try at home. Actually, those are similar to the original one! You just have to change dairy milk into plant-based milk to solve the problems.
1. Vegan Pancakes: This vegan-friendly recipe relies on a combination of mashed bananas and coconut milk to create the perfect batter. Simply whisk together the ingredients, pour into your favorite pan or griddle, and cook until golden brown.
2. Banana Pancakes: This pancake recipe is banana-sweetened and made with ground oats (oat flour), making them 100% whole grain which will help you feel fuller for longer.
3. Almond Milk Pancakes: If youre looking for a milder-tasting milk alternative, try using almond milk in your pancake recipes. Simply mix together flour, almond milk, eggs and a hint of vanilla extract for a deliciously sweet and satisfying breakfast treat.
4. Paleo Pancakes: This grain-free and paleo option uses dairy-free milk + lemon juice or vinegar to create buttermilk. Theyre not as fluffy as todays recipe, but more like a cross between fluffy American pancakes and crepes.
5. Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes: For those who love the rich flavor of buttermilk in their pancakes, this recipe uses a combination of coconut milk and Greek yogurt to create a similar flavor profile. Simply whisk together the ingredients, ladle onto your griddle, and enjoy the soft and fluffy texture of these delicious buttermilk pancakes!
6. Swedish pancakes: You have the option of using regular or dairy-free milk for these pancakes. They also incorporate oat flour, similar to the banana pancakes from before, and result in a delicious final product that takes me back to my days living in Sweden.
What are substitute ingredients for milk in pancake?
Whether youre lactose intolerant or simply looking for milk-free recipes, there are plenty of options out there to suit your needs. There are many different substitute ingredients that can be used in place of milk when making pancakes:
- plant-based milk: almond milk or coconut milk,
- Greek yogurt.
Each of these ingredients has its own unique flavor and texture profile, so you may want to experiment with different combinations to find the perfect fit for your tastes and preferences. Additionally, some recipes may also include other ingredients to help achieve a rich and fluffy texture, such as baking powder or flour.
How to make original pancakes without milk?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute, such as almond milk, coconut milk, etc.)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder until well combined.
2. Add the egg and milk, and whisk vigorously until a smooth batter forms.
3. Heat a lightly greased griddle or pan over medium heat, then ladle the pancake batter into the pan in small circles. Cook until golden brown on each side, then remove from heat and serve immediately with your desired toppings.
4. Alternatively, you can bake your pancakes in the oven by making them into thin, round patties and baking at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Serve with toppings of your choice, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, or whipped cream.
How to make chocolate pancakes without milk?
- 2 cups / 500ml plant-based milk (we recommend almond or soy)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (lemon juice is OK)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾ cups / 135g vegan chocolate chips (or one standard vegan chocolate bar, chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- In order to make these pancakes, you will need two bowls. In the first bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the second bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until there are no lumps remaining.
- Stir in ¼ - ½ cup of chocolate chips (depending on how chocolatey you want your pancakes).
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat with a heaped teaspoon of coconut oil once it is hot enough, scoop out ½ cup batter per pancake on to the pan (I can fit three at one time on my 20 cm Ø skillet). Make sure to spread out each pancake so that they cook evenly!
- Let the bubbles at the top settle and the batter should start to pull away from the sides of the pan; this will take a few minutes.
- Then, use a spatula to flip it over and cook for two more minutes on that side.
- Once youve cooked all your pancakes, serve them with your favorite toppings.
Videos of recipes for pancakes without milk
1-Video of Fustani
2-Video of MOMables - Laura Fuentes
3-Video of KYND FOOD
Tips to have great recipes for pancakes without milk
1. Make sure to use high-quality ingredients and fresh, seasonal produce for the best possible taste and texture.
2. Try experimenting with different recipes and flavors, such as adding chocolate chips or fresh fruit to your batter, or topping your pancake with savory condiments like nut butter or ghee.
3. Pay attention to the cooking method you use, and adjust your recipes accordingly. For example, if you are making traditional pancakes on a griddle or stovetop, make sure to keep an eye on them and flip them as they start to bubble and set on top.
4. Finally, be patient when cooking your pancakes! It may take some practice to get your recipes just right, but with time and effort you will be able to create delicious, fluffy pancakes without milk that are sure to impress all of your friends and family. Good luck!
What to serve with pancakes without milk?
There are many different toppings and accompaniments that you can serve with pancakes without milk, depending on your personal preferences. Some popular options include:
- Fresh fruit, such as sliced bananas or berries
- Nut butter or seed butter, like almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- Pure maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar
- Ghee or butter
- Powdered sugar or cinnamon
- Whipped cream or yogurt
- Thick and flavorful sauces, like balsamic reduction, chocolate ganache, or caramel sauce.
No matter what you choose to serve with your pancakes without milk, they are sure to be a delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch option that the whole family will love!
1-Can water substitute milk for pancakes?
If you dont have milk or cant do dairy, dont worry; pancakes still possible. Use any other liquid as a 1:1 replacement for the missing milk. The easiest swap is water, but this will result in bland guns.
2-Can butter substitute milk in pancakes?
The flavor of your pancakes will be better if you use butter, but you can manage with a neutral-tasting oil. If using coconut oil, melt it beforehand. Also, unless you want your pancakes to taste like coconuts, I suggest refined coconut oil over unrefined.
3-How to make my pancakes fluffier?
The two key ingredients for this recipe are baking powder and baking soda. Together, they work to leaven the batter, resulting in fluffier pancakes.
4-What makes my pancakes not fluffy?
Mix your batter until the dry and wet ingredients are just barely combined. Youll know youre done when the flour streaks have vanished, but there might still be a few lumps remaining. If you stir too much, the gluten will form from the flour in your batter, resulting in rubbery pancakes instead of fluffy ones.
So there you have it, three delicious recipes for pancakes without milk that the whole family will love. Whether youre looking for a quick and easy option, or something a little more indulgent, weve got you covered. And if this has whetted your appetite for more baking and cooking recipes, be sure to check out our blog for more great ideas. Thank you again for choosing us - The Blue Stove as your go-to source for all things food-related.