How to make Wednesday Addams cookies? Do you think Wednesday Addams would approve of her very own cookie recipe? Well, why dont you find out by making these wonderfully spooky Wednesday Addams cookies! Not only will it be an incredibly fun time in the kitchen, but the finished product is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
This easy-to-follow recipe for Wednesdays coveted treat will give home cooks and professionals alike everything they need to master this feat. With buttery shortbread as the base and a delightful surprise inside every bite, get ready to experience baking like never before - enter the world of deliciousness befitting Miss Addams herself!
Keep on reading for how to make Wednesday Addams cookies.
Who is Wednesday Addams?
Wednesday Addams is the popular Wednesday from The Addams Family. She is a character that has been featured in television, movies, and books since 1964.
Currently, the Wednesday Addams series is standing on top 1 of Netflix for weeks. Thus, why not have Wednesday Addams cookies as treats for your movie night this weekend?
Lets go right into 3 recipes of how to make Wednesday Addams cookies.
Recipe #1: How to Make Wednesday Addams Cookies with Frosting
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, melted in 1 cup of room temperature water.
- salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp of butter, softened
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of milk
How to make the frosting:
- In a medium bowl, mix together confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Put aside for later use.
How to make Wednesday Addams cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, butter and salt until a soft dough forms. Carefully roll the dough on a pan sprinkled with flour until it reaches approximately ¼ inch thickness.
3. Cut out circles of dough (use a round cutter if desired). Place the circles on an ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Prick each cookie with the tines of a fork three times across the surface, then bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden at the edges.
4. Allow your freshly-baked cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them over to a wire rack where they can cool completely.
5. For the frosting, combine confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla extract and milk in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Spread an even layer of frosting over each cooled cookie. Enjoy!
Recipe #2: Wednesday Addams Sugar Cookies from Fab Everyday
- Sugar cookie batter (or your fav sugar cookie recipe)
- Oval cookie or biscuit cutter made from a round metal cookie cutter.
- Cookie frosting in white
- A thread of black licorice
- Cake icing in the colors black, purple, and red
- Tiny pastry nozzles
- Transform a circular cookie cutter into an oval shape by gently bending the edges of the top wider than those on the bottom.
- Get your sugar cookie dough ready, roll out the dough and use an oval cookie cutter to cut them.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper or waxed paper, then follow the instructions given in the recipe for baking time and temperature.
- Give each cooled cookie a generous topping of white icing, ensuring that the entire top is covered. Allow the frosting to dry completely before serving.
- Secure three licorice strings together one-third of the way up by tying a knot around all them at that point.
- Do this again for the other end, and then you will be left with two knots dividing your licorice strings into thirds.
- Skillfully intertwine the 3 strings at either end and bind them together with a knot. This will create two separate braids on each side of your licorice strands, while leaving an unbraided section in the center.
- Afterward of how to make Wednesday Addams cookies, trim the excess threads beneath the knot to even out both ends for a neat finish!
- For an added creative touch, use the cake decorating icing and small tips to add purple eyelids to half of your cookies and funky red and black sunglasses on the other!
- Utilizing black frosting, adorn the upper edge of each cookie. Subsequently, arch and center an intertwined licorice hair atop the icing while pressing lightly to ensure that its unbraided section stays in place with its plaits swaying freely on either side.
Recipe #3: Chocolate Chip Wednesday Addams Cookies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter,
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence 2
- A quarter cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- 0.5 grams of salt
- 2 measuring cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking tray with parchment paper for the best results.
- Gently whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Have this mixture ready for when you need it later on.
- Combine butter and sugars in a mixing bowl, then beat until the mixture is light and airy.
- Gradually add eggs one by one while continuously stirring after each addition. At last, mix in vanilla extract to add flavor.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly, mixing until just incorporated.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips into your mixture with a spatula.
- Drop 1-2 tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and the centers are still soft but set.
- Let the cookies rest for 5 minutes on the pan before moving them to a wire rack.
A Wednesday Addams Gingerbread cookies video:
Pro Tips to Have Crunchy Cookies
Now, were done with how to make Wednesday Addams cookies, but what about ultimate tips for crunchy cookies? Here we go:
- To have crunchy cookies, use cold butter straight from the fridge and preheat your oven. This ensures that your cookie dough wont spread out too much while baking!
- If you find that your cookies arent as crispy as youd like, try baking them for a few minutes longer.
- Keep an eye on them to make sure they dont get too dark.
- For the icing, using a thicker consistency will help your cookies stay crunchy for longer. You can also add some meringue powder or cornstarch to give your frosting more stability and hold its shape better!
- Let the frosting dry completely before serving to ensure that your cookies stay crunchy!
What makes my cookies soggy?
Cookies sogginess is usually caused by over-baking. Make sure to check on your cookies regularly and remove them from the oven once they are golden brown, as this indicates that they are done baking.
What to do to have a crunchy cookie?
Your finished cookies with granulated sugar before baking for added crunchiness. You can also experiment with different amounts of sugar to adjust how crisp you want the cookie. Additionally, make sure that you let them cool completely before serving as this will allow them to harden and become crunchier.
How can I store and freeze the cookies?
You can keep freshly-baked cookies fresh for up to five days when stored correctly in an airtight container at room temperature.
For longer storage, the uncoated cookies can be frozen and then frosted when needed. Just make sure that you wrap them tightly before placing them in the freezer. Enjoy!
We hope you have enjoyed making and tasting these Wednesday Addams cookies. There is no better way to bring a little bit of creative fun into your kitchen than with this spooky, yet delicious treat! Be sure to share how yours turned out in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting and choosing our website at thebluestove.com. Happy baking with how to make Wednesday Addams cookies!