Why not learn how to make cupcakes? - If youre like most people, you love cupcakes. But whats not to love? Theyre delicious, portable, and customizable. And though they seem like a complicated dessert to make at home, theyre actually quite easy! In this blog post, well show you how to make delicious cupcakes from scratch in no time flat. So put on your apron and lets get baking with How to make cupcakes from The Blue Stove!
Cupcakes are thought to have originated in medieval England when cooks used small pots or cups to bake individual cakes. Over time, these mini-cakes became known as cupcakes, and they quickly gained popularity among bakers and home cooks alike. Today, cupcakes can be found everywhere from bakery cases to birthday parties and weddings, and they are enjoyed by people of all ages.
How to make cupcakes with vanilla flavor
Alright, in the first recipe of how to make cupcake, lets check out one of the original one: Vanilla!!!
- Butter: 1/2 cup (melted)
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Flour: 2 cups
- Eggs: 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: a pinch
- Milk: 1 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until smooth.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mix until well combined.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract, then transfer the batter to a lined cupcake tin.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
7. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting and serving. Enjoy!
Basic homemade buttercream cupcakes recipe
- 110g of softened butter
- 110g of sugar (I prefer caster sugar, but brown or white works too)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp extract - I like vanilla, almond, or coconut
- 110g self-raising flour
Buttercream ingredients (icing part):
- 150g softened butter
- 300g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- food coloring paste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
- Use an electric whisk to beat 110g softened butter and 110g golden caster sugar together until pale and fluffy. Then, add 2 large eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each egg is added.
- Add the following ingredients to a bowl and whisk until just combined: ½ tsp vanilla extract, 110g self-raising flour, and a pinch of salt. Then spoon mixture into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. To check if theyre done, insert a skewer into the center of one of the cakes; if it comes out clean, theyre ready! Let them cool completely on a wire rack before serving or storing.
- To make the buttercream, whisk 150g softened butter until super soft then add 300g icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Whisk together until smooth (start off slowly to avoid an icing sugar cloud) then beat in 3 tbsp milk.
- If wanting to color, stir in the food coloring now. Spoon or pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.
How to make cupcakes with chocolate flavor
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract Ganache (optional)
- 6 ounces of gluten-free chocolate, chopped or in pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
3-Gluten-free flour mix part
- 3 cups of white rice flour,
- 3 cups of potato starch,
- 2 cups of sorghum flour
- 4 teaspoons of xanthan gum.
In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream on medium-high until boiling. Remove from heat and add gluten-free semisweet chocolate that is chopped or in pieces (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes before stirring until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
2-Gluten Free Flour Mix:
Add rice flour, potato starch, sorghum flour, and xanthan gum to a large airtight container. Mix well and cover. This mixture can be stored at room temperature for 3 months.
- Before you begin, preheat your oven to 350°F. Next, find a baking tray that has twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups and line them with paper bake cups. Afterwards, in a large bowl mix together the first five ingredients (through salt). Once those are combined, add the rest of the ingredients and whisk until theyre mixed too.
- Fill each muffin cup about three-fourths full with the spooned batter. Then, bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean upon testing. Allow cooling in the muffin cups on wire rack for five minutes before removing from cups and continuing to cool on rack-if desired, Ganache may be spooned over top at this time.
How to tell my cupcakes are well-baked?
So we all know about the ways of how to make cupcakes, but how about the signals of a well-baked cupcake, do you know that?
There are a few key indicators that your cupcakes are well-baked and ready to be taken out of the oven. One sign is that they have risen noticeably and appear domed or slightly peaked on top. Another is that a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake should come out clean, with no wet batter clinging to it.
Additionally, you can check the internal temperature of your cupcakes using a food thermometer to make sure they are at least 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit. If you notice any browning or dark spots on top of your cupcakes, this may mean that they have overcooked and become dry or crumbly.
In order to prevent this from happening, it is important to keep a close eye on your cupcakes while they are baking in the oven and to remove them as soon as they are finished.
With a little bit of practice and attention to detail, you should be able to create perfectly baked and delicious cupcakes every time!
Videos of cupcake recipes from YouTube
1. Video of how to make cupcakes from The cook book - Vanilla
2. Video how to make cupcakes from HANSE Channel - Chocolate
3. Video how to make cupcakes from Cupcake Jemma - Buttercream
Tips to make homemade cupcakes from the best cupcake bakers
1. When baking cupcakes, be sure to use high-quality ingredients and measure your ingredients carefully. This will help ensure that your cupcakes turn out light, fluffy, and flavorful every time.
2. For extra flavor and texture, try experimenting with different add-ins like chocolate chips, fresh fruits or berries, nuts, or spices.
3. To achieve a perfectly domed top and smooth edges on your cupcakes, use an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the lined cups of your cupcake tray. This will also help ensure that all of the cupcakes are roughly the same size and cook evenly in the oven.
4. When frosting your cupcakes, try using a piping bag and various piping tips to achieve different looks. From classic swirls to more elaborate designs, the possibilities are endless!
5. For a fun twist on traditional buttercream frosting, try experimenting with different icing flavors or ingredients like flavored extracts, chocolate ganache, or fresh herbs and spices. This will help you create truly unique and delicious cupcakes that your friends and family will love!
Ways to serve my cupcakes perfectly
Well were all done with how to make cupcakes, the tips and now its about way of serving. Cupcakes are one of the tops dessert that can fit in many kinds of events and occasions. Thats why we need to know many ways so that we can enjoy it perfectly.
To serve your cupcakes correctly, it is important to consider how you will be presenting them to your guests. Some options include cutting the top off of each cupcake and filling the hole with frosting or a sweet filling, slicing each cupcake in half horizontally and layering with fillings, or simply topping your cupcakes with a scoop of frosting.
Additionally, you can present your cupcakes on a platter or cake stand and garnish them with fun toppings like sprinkles, nuts, or chopped fresh fruit. Ultimately, how you choose to serve your cupcakes will depend largely on your personal preferences and the specific flavor profile of the cupcakes themselves.
Thats the end of our article How to make cupcakes. The Blue Stove hopes you find this useful and informative! Lets wrap up with a quick FAQs and conclusion.
1-What key ingredients to make homemade cupcakes?
The key ingredients to making cupcakes typically include flour, sugar, baking powder or soda, butter or oil, eggs, and milk or water. Depending on the recipe you are using, you may also need additional add-ins like vanilla extract, chocolate chips, fresh fruits or berries, nuts, spices, etc.
2-How can I get a perfectly domed top and smooth edges on my homemade cupcakes?
There are several different techniques you can use to achieve a perfectly domed top and smooth edges on your cupcakes. One option is to use an ice cream scoop to transfer the batter into the lined cups of your cupcake tray, as this will help ensure that all of the cupcakes are roughly the same size and cook evenly in the oven.
Another popular method is to use a piping bag and various piping tips, which will allow you to achieve different looks and textures with your frosting. Additionally, try experimenting with different icing flavors or ingredients like melted chocolate or fruit purees for added flavor and texture. With a little bit of practice and patience, you should be able to create beautiful cupcakes that are sure to impress!
3-How to make cupcakes moist?
There are several different techniques you can use to help make your cupcake moist and tender. One option is to use high-quality ingredients, as this will help ensure that your cupcakes have the best texture and flavor possible. Another popular method is to use a combination of butter and oil in your recipe, as this will help keep the cupcakes moist without making them too greasy.
Additionally, try experimenting with different baking methods like using a convection oven or investing in a high-quality cupcake pan, as these can help maximize the amount of moisture retained in your cupcakes. With a little bit of experimentation and patience, you should be able to create delicious and perfectly moist cupcakes that your friends and family will love!
4-How to get cupcakes rise higher?
If you desire your cupcakes to be taller than theyve ever been, employ a smaller pan and pour more batter into the slots. You should also overmix on purpose, use additional leavening agents, and bake at an extremely high temperature. If you have time, letting your batter sit overnight will help as well!
5-How thick/runny should cupcake batter be?
Gently mix the batter until it has a creamy consistency. If its grainy, thats not good and you should keep mixing. Also, make sure there is an even amount of batter in each cupcake liner; if not, they wont all cook evenly.
Now that you know the secrets how to make cupcakes perfectly, put your skills to the test! This recipe is sure to be a hit whether youre cooking for a special occasion or just because. Baking can be therapeutic so take some time for yourself and make something sweet today. From all of us here at The Blue Stove, happy baking! If you want to learn more about other recipes like this one, be sure to check out our website where we have tons of information on food and cooking.