Trader Joes pizza dough is a convenient and delicious option for those who want to make homemade pizza without having to make the dough from scratch. Trader Joes offers a variety of pizza dough options, including classic, whole wheat, and garlic and herb. This pizza dough is easy to work with and can be customized with a variety of toppings to suit individual tastes. In this article, we will explore the benefits of using Trader Joes pizza dough, as well as some tips for perfecting the crust, choosing the right cheese, and selecting the best toppings for a delicious homemade pizza.
Where to find Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough
The private label is only sold at Trader Joes. It is under the Italian name Trader Giottos.
The fresh dough is in the refrigerated section. Sometimes its still thawing though, which is good to know if youre going to use it the same day.
At my local Oregon store, refrigerated pizza dough is close to refrigerated pasta and hummus. Its always at the bottom of the box, not stacked on the shelves.
TJs frozen pizza dough is sold in the frozen aisle, obviously. Close to Italian food.
Trader Joes pizza crusts, that is, pre-made dough that is coated and baked and has a shelf life like bread, is found in the bread section. They have a cool looking rectangular pizza crust that is great for making flatbreads. I use it a lot for entertainment.
Different types of pizza dough at Trader Joe’s
Fresh Whole Grain Pizza Dough
As of 2019, Trader Joes Whole Wheat Pizza Crust has been discontinued. Personally, I found it a bit difficult to work with him. It broke and was not very forgiving when the dough was stretched. They have yet to replace this whole wheat flour pizza crust.
Trader Joes Regular Pizza Dough
Normal dough is made with enriched flour. I find it bakes to a chewy crust that puffs up nicely in the oven and for pizza on the grill. I also use it to make ham and cheese calzones quite often.
Trader Joes Garlic Herb Dough
If youve seen it but havent tried it, youre probably wondering what green pizza crust is like at Trader Joes. It has garlic, basil and oregano in the dough. It is excellent for making breadsticks or white pizza with olive oil, white pizza sauce, or Alfredo sauce.
The flavor is pretty bold for this particular dough, so youll want to have a good recipe to work with the flavors. For example, you wouldnt make a taco pizza with a very Italian seasoned pizza crust. But these sautéed onions and peppers would be perfect.
Rolling out pizza dough by hand is easy with these tips and videos for beginners. Learn how to roll out balls of store-bought or homemade pizza dough.
The Best Recipes for Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough
Margherita Pizza: Top Trader Joes pizza dough with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves for a classic Margherita pizza.
Pepperoni Pizza: Add a layer of tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and sliced pepperoni for a classic pepperoni pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza: Spread BBQ sauce over the pizza dough and top with shredded chicken, sliced onions, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Veggie Pizza: Top the pizza dough with tomato sauce and your favorite vegetables, such as sliced bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and olives.
Pesto Pizza: Spread a layer of basil pesto over the pizza dough and top with sliced cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Sausage and Mushroom Pizza: Add tomato sauce, cooked sausage, sliced mushrooms, and shredded mozzarella cheese for a hearty and flavorful pizza.
Greek Pizza: Top the pizza dough with hummus, sliced red onions, Kalamata olives, sliced tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza: Spread a layer of buffalo sauce over the pizza dough and top with shredded chicken, sliced red onions, and crumbled blue cheese.
Can you freeze Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough?
Yes, this is a great idea. Buy and freeze dough from Trader Joes in bulk to keep on hand for pizza nights. Store Trader Joes Pizza Crust in the freezer until the night before using it. Thaw Trader Joes Frozen Dumplings in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning (or a couple of mornings later) place the dough on the counter. The dough will rise beautifully by dinner time.
Learn more about the best store bought pizza crust.
Trader Joe’s Pizza Toppings Product Ideas
Here are some items to pick up during a Trader Joes tour for the best pizza recipes.
- Deli Selection Spanish Brand meat tray - The Cantimpalo sausage with a dash of fresh cilantro from my Aerogarden it adds tremendous flavor to frozen pizzas. See photo below.
- Trader Joes Organic Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.
- Trader Joes pizza sauce in a jar. I add some dry Italian seasoning to it when Im making a pizza to add some flavor. But it has a long shelf life and is always handy to keep in the pantry.
- fresh pizza sauce. If Im going to make pizza that week, I buy Trader Joes fresh pizza sauce, which is next to TJs fresh pizza crust in the refrigerated section. Its great right out of the package.
- Grana Padano Parmesan Cheese. Its from Italy, so you can get an authentic pizza vibe. I sprinkle it on top of pre-baked pizza crust before I bake it.
- Trader Joes Asiago cheese with rosemary and olive oil. Always a good choice!
- Goat cheese. It is an elegant and gourmet pizza. Pair it with fresh arugula and a splash of Trader Joes Balsamic Glaze.
- Pasta. It may sound strange, but in Rhode Island, where Im from, pasta pizza is all the rage! I use Trader Joes tortellini and fresh ravioli on pizza all the time. Boil the pasta al dente and then use it to top the pizzas.
- Fresh or frozen vegetables. Ive been known to sneak some chopped fresh spinach and frozen cauliflower rice from Trader Joes into pizza sauce. Shh!
Tips for Baking TJ’s Pizza Crust
- Use a very hot oven in the 450 to 500 degree F range.
- Use a pizza stone if you like really crispy pizza. To do this, make pizza on the pizza stone by adding the stone to the oven while the oven is heating up, then add the dough to bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 475 degrees F or the temperature recommended for your pizza stone. pizza. Then add the ingredients and finish baking until done.
- This dough seasoning is the secret to real Italian flavored homemade pizza dough.
- Add pizza seasoning to store-bought pizza sauce. This makes the pizza taste really fresh!
- Meal prep pizza night. You can freeze Trader Joes Fresh Pizza Dough and then move it to the refrigerator the night before cooking. The morning of the meal, move it to the counter to rise.
Well there you have it, years and years of experience and opinions on Trader Joes dough.
Check out my other guides on other grocery store pizza crusts like this one for Whole Foods Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza. Its so good!
More Recipes Using Trader Joe’s Ingredients
Are you also a Trader Joes enthusiast? I love planning shopping trips to Trader Joes. Its almost like a vacation… walking through the halls to discover new things. When I get home, I get inspired to develop new recipes.
My best recipes using Trader Joes products end up here at Sip Bite Go…
Check out more of the best meals to make with Trader Joes ingredients and my full list of Trader Joes must-haves.
How to Store Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough
To store Trader Joes pizza dough, follow these steps:
- Keep the pizza dough in its original packaging or transfer it to a resealable plastic bag.
Place the pizza dough in the refrigerator if you plan to use it within the next one to two days.
- If you want to store the pizza dough for longer, place it in the freezer. The dough will keep for up to three months in the freezer.
- To use the frozen pizza dough, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can let it thaw at room temperature for a few hours before using it.
Once the pizza dough has thawed, you can use it to make homemade pizza according to your favorite recipe
Trader Joes pizza dough is a convenient and delicious option for making homemade pizza. With its variety of options, including classic, whole wheat, and garlic and herb, it offers a versatile base that can be customized with a variety of toppings to suit individual tastes. Trader Joes pizza dough is easy to work with and can be used to make a crispy, flavorful crust that is sure to impress. By following some simple tips from The Blue Stove, such as perfecting the crust, choosing the right cheese, and selecting the best toppings, you can create a delicious homemade pizza that rivals that of a pizzeria. Whether youre making it for a family dinner, a party, or just a fun night in, Trader Joes pizza dough is a great way to enjoy a homemade pizza that is both tasty and convenient.
FAQs of Trader Joe’s Pizza Dough
What types of pizza dough does Trader Joe’s offer?
Trader Joes offers a variety of pizza dough options, including classic, whole wheat, and garlic and herb.
How much does Trader Joe’s pizza dough cost?
The price of Trader Joes pizza dough varies by location and type of dough, but it typically costs around $1.19 to $1.99 per package.
Is Trader Joe’s pizza dough vegan?
Some of Trader Joes pizza dough options are vegan, such as the plain and whole wheat varieties. However, the garlic and herb dough contains dairy.
How long does it take to thaw Trader Joe’s pizza dough?
To thaw Trader Joes pizza dough, it typically takes about 1-2 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
Can Trader Joe’s pizza dough be frozen?
Yes, Trader Joes pizza dough can be frozen for up to three months.
How do I store leftover Trader Joe’s pizza dough?
To store leftover Trader Joes pizza dough, keep it in the refrigerator for up to two days or freeze it for longer storage.