Why pita bread pizza recipe is so good?
- It tops the list of super easy pizza recipes.
- Get 5 tasty pizza topping ideas for pita pizzas.
- Easy to prepare meals.
- A pretty healthy pizza option.
- Serve these mini pizzas for the guests - everyone can make their own pizza.
- This recipe will be one of your favorite ways to get a quick dinner on the table.
- Leftovers Easily store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and easily reheat in the toaster oven.
Ingredients pita bread pizza recipe
First, Ill show you how to make a simple pita pizza with mozzarella cheese and ham. Scroll down to see 5 other coverage ideas you can also try.
- pita bread (regular or whole wheat pita)
- Olive oil
- pizza sauce
- italian seasonings
- Mozzarella cheese
- ham (leftover ham or deli slices)
- To cover: Parmesan cheese, chopped tomato, fresh basil leaves
How to make homemade pizza with pita bread
Heres how to assemble and bake pita pizza.
Quick Summary of Recipe Steps
- Brush pita bread with olive oil
- Add sauce and herbs.
- Add cheese, ham, Parmesan
- Bake 7-10 minutes
- Top with tomato and basil
Detailed instructions for pita bread pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Brush or drizzle olive oil on all sides of each pita (this step is what gives the pita pizza a crispy crust).
- To each piece of pita bread, add pizza sauce and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Top with mozzarella cheese, ham, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Once the cheese is melted, take the pizza out of the oven. Top the pita pizza with diced tomato and fresh basil. Cut it with a pizza cutter and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying it.
Learn more at puff pastry pizza recipe
Ingredients for pita pizzas
Here are some other topping ideas with different types of sauce and cheese for pizza made with pita bread. Theres a lot you can do beyond cheese or pepperoni pizzas.
Chicken pizza with pita bread and BBQ sauce
- Dip: red pizza sauce, then add toppings, then drizzle with BBQ sauce before baking.
- Coverage: grilled chicken (or use leftover chicken breast), cheddar or mozzarella cheese, red bell pepper, barbecue sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Inspiration: Check out this BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe.
Greek Pita Bread Pizza with Feta
- Dip: a simple white pizza sauce with a drizzle of olive oil sprinkled with garlic powder.
- Coverage: some mozzarella cheese, chopped kalamata olives, thinly sliced fresh red onions and tomatoes, and a sprinkle of feta when it comes out of the oven.
Vegetarian pita pizza with broccolini
- Dip: make it a white pizza with a simple base of olive oil and a dash of garlic powder and a dash of black pepper.
- Coverage: tomato sauce, broccolini, mozzarella cheese, a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizza
- Dip: a splash of buffalo sauce
- Coverage: diced sous vide chicken breast or any leftover chicken that is cooked, mozzarella cheese, and after baking, add a drizzle of diced carrots, celery and blue cheese dressing on top. For fresh herbs, cilantro is my favorite for this flavor combination.
- Inspiration: See this recipe for Air Frying Chicken Wings or Baked Wings for similar flavors.
Learn more Ta-co style ground beef pizza recipe
Best toppings for pita bread pizza
A variety of toppings can be added to the adaptable dish known as pita bread pizza. Some of the top toppings for pita bread pizza include:
Tomato sauce: Tomato sauce is a traditional pizza topping that also tastes great on pita bread pizza. For added taste, you can use homemade or store-bought sauce and your preferred seasonings.
Cheese: Cheese is a necessary ingredient for all pizzas, including Pita Bread Pizza. The cheeses mozzarella, cheddar, feta, and goat are all excellent choices that melt well and give the pizza flavor.
Vegetables: Vegetables give Pita Bread Pizza color, texture, and nutrition. Bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach, and tomatoes are a few common choices.
Meats: Pita Bread Pizza can be enhanced with meats like pepperoni, sausage, chicken, and bacon to provide protein and flavor. You can substitute plant-based meats for meat if you want a vegetarian option.
Herbs and spices: Basil, oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes are some herbs and spices that can give Pita Bread Pizza more flavor.
Instead of using tomato sauce as a basis, hummus can be used, and vegetables, olives, and feta cheese can be added.
Toppers from the Mediterranean region: Pita Bread Pizza can be topped with olives, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, and tzatziki sauce.
Pita Bread Pizza can be topped with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese for a brunch alternative.
Check out the time for dried fig and prosciutto flatbread pizza to know more!
Tips for storing pita bread pizza
Pita Bread Pizza should be stored properly to preserve its flavor and freshness. Here are some suggestions for keeping pizza on pita bread:
If you have any leftover Pita Bread Pizza, let it cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container and refrigerating it. For up to three days, keep the container in the fridge.
Pita Bread Pizza can be frozen if there are any leftovers that you wont be able to finish within three days. The pizza can be frozen for up to two months in a freezer-safe container or zip-top freezer bag.
Use parchment paper: To keep Pita Bread Pizza from clinging to one another while being stored, its a good idea to place a piece of parchment paper between each pizza.
Put the date and type of pizza on the containers label to keep track of the pizzas freshness and contents.
Reheat the pizza correctly by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) and placing the pizza on a baking pan. Until the cheese is melted and the crust is crisp, bake for 10-15 minutes.
Pita bread pizza recipe is a quick and easy way to satisfy your pizza cravings without having to make homemade pizza dough. This recipe from The Blue Stove is perfect for those who want a fast and delicious meal that requires minimal preparation and cleanup. Pita bread pizza can be customized with a variety of toppings to suit your taste preferences, making it a versatile option for any meal. By using fresh ingredients and baking the pizza in the oven, you can create a crispy and flavorful pizza that is sure to impress your family and friends. Whether youre looking for a quick lunch or a fun dinner idea, pita bread pizza is a great option that is both tasty and convenient.
FAQs of pita bread pizza recipe
What is the best pita bread for pizza?
In this demo, Im using a Greek pita bread which is actually whole wheat pita bread, I think from Whole Foods. I find that all grocery store bought pita breads can result in a delicious, crispy pita bread pizza. Includes gluten-free pita bread. The key is to add a bit of olive oil as mentioned in the instructions.
Is pita bread healthier than pizza dough?
Theres honestly not much of a health difference between the two: both pita breads and pizza dough use a simple yeast dough, which contains many of the same ingredients. If you use whole wheat pizza, of course, you can rack up some easy health points. However, the main benefit of pita bread is the ease with which it can be topped with all your favorite toppings and made into delicious pizzas very quickly, without bake pizza dough first.
Can I make pizza with grilled pita bread?
The pita bread pizza cooks up beautifully on the grill; just be sure to keep the flame low enough for the cheese to melt before burning the pita.
Can you make pita bread pizza recipe without cheese?
Yes, you can make pita bread pizza without cheese by using a variety of vegetables, meats, and herbs as toppings.
What can I use instead of pita bread in this recipe?
If you dont have pita bread or want to try something else, you can make these pizzas with frozen pizza dough, flatbread naan bread (like the one used in this ravioli pizza), or pre-baked pizza crusts.