Do you like chicken taco pizza? Serve his pizza recipe inspired by tacos to spice up pizza night. There is a lot of chicken and vegetables in it. Because it turns out well every single time, my husband refers to it as my superstar chicken taco pizza recipe. It is simple to make, tastes exactly like delivery food, and takes 30 minutes to complete. Cooking time!
Why this recipe for chicken taco pizza is the best…
- Its pretty fast to make.
- Its an easy, fun, and creative pizza night idea.
- Beautiful presentation (great game day food option).
- Make it more healthy by loading it up with vegetables.
- Im here to walk you through it with a video for beginners (scroll to bottom of page).
See how to make a smoked margarita…
How to make my chicken taco pizza recipe
The gist of it is that you stretch pizza dough. Then add the dough, sauce, taco seasonings, cheese and cooked chicken breast to a hot pizza stone (or pizza pan or sheet tray). Bake it for about 15 minutes.
Top with veggies, sauce and crushed tortilla chips. Slice and enjoy!
See my guide to making puff pastry pizza recipe…
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. If youre using a pizza stone, add it to the center rack. If youre using a sheet tray, see the notes at the bottom of this recipe for instructions (if so - you need to par bake the dough).
- Prep pizza dough station. Dust a large cutting board with half the flour. Add the other half of the flour to the corner of the cutting board to use as you stretch the dough.
- Stretch pizza dough. Add the raw dough to the floured surface. See the recipe card for complete step by step guide to stretching dough. Or see my online guide to stretching pizza dough.
- Carefully take the hot pizza stone out of the oven once it has preheated, and quickly brush half of the olive oil on the top of the pizza stone. Add the raw stretched pizza dough on top, and brush the rest of the olive oil along the outside 1 of the pizza crust (to give it a golden brown crust once baked).
- Work quickly to assemble chicken taco pizza toppings so the pizza stone stays hot. Add pizza sauce to the dough and spread it around, leaving 1 on the outside without sauce for the pizza crust. Sprinkle with taco seasonings. Top with Mexican cheese blend and cooked chicken breast.
- Bake chicken taco pizza on pizza stone for 10-15 minutes at 475°F, until Mexican cheese is melted and starts to bubble on top. You may need to rotate it in the oven and cook for an extra few minutes so the bottom crust and edges all turn golden brown.
- Remove taco pizza from the oven and let it rest a couple minutes. Top it with a sprinkle of lettuce, tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips, cilantro, and your favorite sauces. Slice and serve when cool enough to eat.
Next, try a taco-inspired ground beef pizza. For a spin on this recipe, try chicken taco french bread pizza.
Or change up the flavors by using bbq chicken tacos, enchilada sauce chicken, or this tasty al pastor chicken tacos recipe. Then, lets learn about dried fig and prosciutto flatbread pizza recipe!
Meat thermometer recommendations
Every home chef needs a reliable meat thermometer to cook food perfectly.
Youll often see me using:
- Meater thermometer - a fancy wireless thermometer that connects to a phone app - gifted to me from a Traeger partnership.
- ThermoPro digital thermometer - which has a wire that connects the thermometer to a display box outside the oven/grill.
Its like being psychic! The great thing about either of the thermometers above is that I dont have to take the food out of the oven to know the temperature.
How to use em… What I do is stick the digital thermometer in steak, pork, chicken, whatever… Then put the food in the oven, on the smoker, or grill.
While the meat cooks, it reads the temperature so I know exactly what temp meat is as its cooking. Without having to take it out and check. Its really difficult to overcook food when you know exactly what temp it is inside!
What are the typical toppings for a chicken taco pizza?
The toppings for a chicken taco pizza can vary, but typically include seasoned chicken, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, jalapenos, and cilantro. Some recipes also call for toppings like avocado, sour cream, and salsa. The chicken is usually seasoned with a blend of spices such as chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika to give it a taco flavor. The toppings can be adjusted to suit your preferences, and you can add or remove ingredients as desired. Overall, the toppings for chicken taco pizza create a flavorful and satisfying meal that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Tips for making a chicken taco pizza perfectly
Making a chicken taco pizza can be a fun and delicious way to enjoy a unique twist on traditional pizza. Here are some tips to help you make a chicken taco pizza perfectly:
Use a pre-made pizza crust: Using a pre-made pizza crust can save time and effort in the kitchen, allowing you to focus on preparing the toppings and chicken.
Season the chicken properly: To get the best flavor for your chicken, season it with a blend of spices such as chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika. Allow the chicken to marinate in the seasoning for at least 30 minutes to enhance the flavor.
Dont overload the pizza: While it can be tempting to add lots of toppings to your pizza, its important not to overload it with too many ingredients. This can prevent the pizza from cooking properly and make it difficult to eat.
Preheat the oven: Preheating your oven to a high temperature is key to getting a crispy crust and melted cheese. Heat your oven to 450°F (230°C) or higher before baking your pizza.
Add fresh toppings after baking: To keep the toppings fresh and vibrant, add toppings like diced tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro after the pizza has finished baking.
The chicken taco pizza recipe is a delicious and unique twist on traditional pizza that is sure to impress. By combining the flavors of chicken tacos with the convenience of pizza, this recipe creates a meal that is both satisfying and easy to make. Whether youre looking for a fun family dinner or an alternative to traditional pizza, the chicken taco pizza recipe is a great option. With its crispy crust, spicy sauce, and flavorful toppings, this pizza is sure to become a new favorite in your household. So why not give it a try and enjoy the best of both worlds with this delicious and easy-to-make chicken taco pizza?
Be great to see you at The Blue Stove!
FAQs of chicken Taco pizza
Can I use a pre-made pizza crust for chicken Taco pizza?
Yes, you can use a pre-made pizza crust for chicken taco pizza. You can use either a store-bought crust or make your own using a pre-made pizza dough mix. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the package to ensure that the crust is cooked properly.
What type of pizza stone do you use?
If you dont have a pizza stone, I highly recommend you get one! They make cooking pizza at home more fun, because the pizza crust gets a texture just like the best pizza delivery restaurants near me. You can shop my pizza stone on Amazon. Its beautiful for not only baking your favorite pepperoni pizza, but serving it, too. The color in my photos is Charcoal.
What sauce goes on taco pizza?
Serve it with your favorite Mexican inspired sauces: jalapeno ranch dressing, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, taco sauce, a squeeze of lime juice, guacamole. The sauce used in this demo was part of a sponsored post for Instagram (its avocado hot sauce).
How can you add beans on taco pizza?
Here are two ideas: make a taco pizza filling thats a bean and chicken mixture. To do this, add drained and rinsed black beans to the pizza, before adding on the cheese and baking it. Or, you can swap out the traditional tomato pizza sauce and use refried beans instead. (See tips on freezing refried beans.)