Best recipe of how to make cupcakes with cake mix? - If youre looking for an easy way to make cupcakes, you can definitely rely on a cake mix. In this tutorial, well show you how to make delicious and fluffy cupcakes using a cake mix. With just a few simple steps, youll be able to impress your friends and family with these tasty treats! So lets get started!
Before getting to how to make cupcakes with cake mix, find out more about this combination
Is cake mix suitable for cupcakes?
Yes, a cake mix is perfectly suitable for making cupcakes. Whether you prefer classic vanilla or rich chocolate flavors, there are many different cake mixes available that will give your cupcakes a delicious and fluffy texture.
And here we come to 2 best recipes we have for you in: How to make cupcakes with cake mix
How to make cupcakes with cake mix with original flavor?
- 1 box of cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter or oil, melted
- 1/2 cup milk or water
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, melted butter or oil, and milk or water.
3. Mix everything until well combined and smooth.
4. Spoon the batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way full.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
6. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting and serving.
How to make Sunkist soda cupcakes with cake mix?
Ingredients for cupcakes
If youre looking for a delicious cream soda cake, try this recipe:
- 355mL of Sunkist (1can)
- 1-15oz box White Cake Mix
Ingredients for frosting
- 1 cup of Sunkist (or use 1 teaspoon Orange flavor extract)
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 4 cups of powdered icing sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Milk
- Orange sprinkles, for decoration
Instructions for Sunkist soda cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and place cupcake liners in a muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the white cake mix and Sunkist soda for 2 minutes total. Scoop batter into cupcake liners with a measuring cup.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting; this will take 1-2 hours.
- While waiting, heat 1 cup of Sunkist in a saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling
- Cook on medium-low heat until reduced to 1/4 (2 oz of soda should remain). Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and powdered icing sugar for 2-3 minutes, then add the reduced Sunkist soda.
- Beat to mix well together, then add milk as needed to receive a spreadable texture. Adjust the color with orange food dye if necessary.
- Use an angled spatula to spread 1-2 Tablespoons of frosting onto each cooled cupcake.
- Then, put the sugar crystals in a small bowl and roll the cupcakes in the sugar crystals until theyre completely covered.
- After that, scoop the rest of the frosting into a piping bag and cut off approximately one inch from the bottom of said piping bag. Finally, swirl some Frosting on top of each cupcake using circular motions and add orange sprinkles for garnish.
These cupcakes are delicious and easy to make, so enjoy them with your friends and family! There are endless possibilities for variations, so get creative.
How much soda can be used as a replacement for an egg in a cake recipe?
Did you know that you can use carbonated soda to replace eggs when making a cake with cake mix? This substitution works well for cakes, cupcakes, and quick breads. Carbonated soda makes a great egg replacement in products that are meant to be light and fluffy. Just combine one can of any soda with a box of cake mix and follow the baking instructions.
More ideas for cake mix cupcakes
To expand our amazing recipe how to make cupcakes with cake mix, you guys can try more of these recipes:
- Strawberry Cake Mix + A& W Rootbeer
- Dark Chocolate Cake Mix + Barqs Rootbeer
- Cherry Cake Mix + Cherry Dr. Pepper
- Vanilla Cake Mix + Grape Crush Soda
- Devils Food Cake Mix + Diet Coke
- Spice Cake Mix + Ginger Ale
- Lemon Cake Mix + Sprite
Credit: Huff Post Taste
Videos of cupcakes with cake mix
1-Video from Sugarbake Creation:
2-Video from Never Tasted Better!
Tip of cupcakes recipe with cake mix
If youre a fan of tasty cupcakes, then this recipe is definitely for you! And to ensure your baking success, be sure to follow these professional tips:
- Room-temperature ingredients are key to perfect cupcakes. It might sound odd, but baking is a science. Thus, using room-temperature ingredients guarantees the right chemical reactions occur while your cupcakes bake.
- Avoid overmixing the batter; if you mix it too much, your cupcakes will become unusually dense.
- Fill your cupcake liners no more than 2/3 of the way to ensure each one is uniform in size and doesnt overflow.
- Do not bake more than one batch of cupcakes at a time. You might be tempted to fill your oven with as many pans as it will hold once you taste these delicious and easy Sunkist orange cupcakes, but resist that urge. In fact, for the best results place your pan in the center of the oven.
What cake mix brands can I buy on the market?
One of the most popular brands for cake mixes is Betty Crocker. This brand offers a wide range of flavors and types of cake mix, making it easy to find one that will be perfect for your cupcakes. Other popular brands include Duncan Hines and Pillsbury, both of which also offer high-quality mixes and delicious flavor options.
How to serve cupcakes with cake mix?
There are many ways to serve cupcakes made with cake mix. Some popular options include topping them with frosting, sprinkles, or edible decorations like fondant flowers or candy cutouts. You can also top your cupcakes with fresh fruit, chocolate ganache, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce for a delicious and indulgent treat. No matter how you choose to serve them, cupcakes made with cake mix are sure to be a hit at any gathering or celebration.
1-Is there a difference between cake mix and cupcake mix?
There are only two differences between cakes and cupcakes: the amount of time they spend in the oven and the type of pan you use to bake them in. Other than that, the process of how to bake cupcakes from a cake mix is super simple as I hope youve seen!
2-How do you make cupcakes moist with cake mix?
The key to making any box cake mix moist is to simply replace the ingredients on the box with milk, melted butter, and an extra egg. This will transform an ordinary box mix into a cupcake that is soft, fluffy, and buttery delicious.
3-How many cupcakes does a box cake mix make?
According to the back of most cake mix boxes, one box of cake mix makes between 24 and 30 regular-size cupcakes when each cupcake liner is filled with 1/3 cup batter.
There are a lot of recipes for cupcakes out there, and were glad you decided to try ours. We hope you had fun learning how to make cupcakes with cake mix and even soda that youll practice this recipe so you can perfect it. And if youre looking for more baking or cooking recipes, be sure to check out our website The Blue Stove where we have tons of delicious recipes for you to try. Bon appetite!